Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road Trip?

My life has been a little hectic lately. Math tutoring, piano lessons, voice lessons (for me--I'm not teaching them), Girls Camp (this week!), the Wasatch Back, Youth Conference, two family reunions, two college math classes (I have to take those to renew my teaching license), and trying to plan for teaching next year. I'm supposed to be running the St. George Marathon in October also, but I'm falling sadly behind in my training. Blah.

With all this...shall we call it resposibility?...I've decided that I'm ready for a break! I want to go somewhere. Somewhere I won't have to do laundry, or clean bathrooms, or even make the bed if I don't feel like it. But I'm not sure where to go.

So who out there has the perfect weekend getaway spot? I'm open for suggestions!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

The funnest thing Randy and I did before we had Carter was meander our way through southern Utah...no plan, no map, just stopped where we wanted at whatever looked interesting. The best part was that we ended up at Bryce Canyon and stayed in a gorgeous little bed and breakfast in Tropic. There are a bunch of B&B's in Tropic, on Bryce's east side, and Panguitch, to the northwest. Highly recommended!

lacieinthesky said...

I was just looking online yesterday at Kingfisher Bend Ranch in WY, my mom went w/ the kids last summer and they LOVED IT! It's a 2 night stay minimum though. You can do horseback riding, fishing, and other stuff. Anyway, it's a little more pricey, but it looks way fun!

Heather said...

Have you ever been up to Wolf Creek (Near Ogden area)? It's beautiful up there...there are condos to stay in and there's a really fun country restaurant to eat at too. It's just a nice little weekend getaway.

Dadra said...

So, we're coming out there at the end of the month and planning a little weekend getaway to Aspen, Colorado. We'd love to see you guys while we're out West though!!! Oh, and I could totally recommend a ton of places if you only lived out East! (I guess that comes with living within 20 minutes of five different states...lots and lots to do as I'm sure you remember from your time out here!!!)

gina said...

I want to go to that place you called "Somewhere". That place with without laundry, cleaning, - at least without me doing it!! That must be a great place.

Weekend spot... Local or travel? Local: try Daniels Summit Lodge. Travel: go to Cabo and stay at Palmilla.

Haskell Family said...

You can come to St. George with us this weekend. Just because it's going to be 110 degrees isn't stopping us! Let us know...

gina said...

I just read a little farther down your blog and see you've recently been to Cabo! So go again or as a 2nd choice, how about San Francisco? It would seem someone we know and someone else we both know just did that last weekend and had a WONDERFUL time!

Jennifer said...

HOUSTON!!! :)

Susannah said...

I don't know if it is too late to respond...but there is a little bed and breakfast up here in Idaho that is shaped like a dog...

Valerie said...

Perry, Utah

Valerie said...

C'mon. You couldn't even post about your latest trip? You have tons of great pics!!!