Friday, July 10, 2009

My Green(ish) Thumb

In the last couple of days, I've started getting veggies from my garden. The first to produce were the peas, followed by the wax beans. I've had a lovely time snacking on fresh peas, so much that I haven't actually cooked any yet. But I thought I'd give a garden update. I posted pictures from when my garden was pretty much just dirt, and here are two more sets...
My zucchini plants--which the birds promptly ate. So I planted more. The birds ate those also. So I bought a slingshot and some jelly beans. I actually hit a couple of birds, but I still have birds in my garden. The zucchini and summer squash plants are pretty much gone, but everything else survived.
Baby peas.

Itsy-bisty corn stalks. (Side note: I'm not sure why this picture is sideways. It's not like that on my computer.)
These are my mini pumpkin plants and the wax beans.

Corn. Although Kiirstin's corn is about a foot taller. Grr...

Peas. They look kinda scraggly. Are they supposed to look like that? They were definitely cuter when they were smaller. =)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the garden. Pumpkins sounds fun. Unfortunately the 108 degree temp has taken it's toll on my garden. BOOO!

Xazmin said...

I love that you're armed with a slingshot and jelly beans!

I'm also jealous of your garden...I always remember shelling peas growing up, and we ate more than we saved!

Valerie said...

Did the corn ever bounce back? Also, what grew from your jelly beans??