Monday, September 29, 2008

Sewing Projects

My friend and I have been trying to motivate each other to finish sewing projects by having "sewing parties" where we get together and bombard my kitchen with sewing machines, fabric pieces, toys (for her daughter), cutting mats, pin cushions, and, of course, snacks. She's currently working on a cute dress, but she accidentally set the iron too hot. I don't think she'll do that again. Luckily, she had enough extra fabric to cut another piece.




The curtains are FINALLY up. These have been driving me crazy for months! You wouldn't think curtains would be that hard, but these sure had my number. The fabric was really thick and I had to use thicker thread that kept getting jammed in my sewing machine. And somewhere along the way, I miscalculated so that the curtains ended up just a smidge too short (and a little crooked, but I won't go there or else I'll scream). I also found out that it is really hard to find a needle big enough to thread cording through so that I could open and close these.



Whew! Next time, I'm forking out the cash to buy blinds!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It may be easier to buy them....but they wouldn't be nearly as cute! I LOVE THEM!

Cassie said...

Those are awesome Andrea, absolutely gorgeous. You are one talented woman!

Valerie said...

Hey, those are so cute! I love 'em. Just think how valuable they will always be to you because of all the blood and sweat you poured into them. Priceless.

MerrittBadges said...

Way to go on your sewing! You are quite the domestic queen aren't you? They look great!