Monday, September 22, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

Here they are, the long awaited pictures. We lost our camera (the one with over 400 pictures from our trip to Nauvoo, along with other summer adventures), so I took new ones. Away we go...


In June, I got to be part of a 12 woman team that ran the Wasatch Back, a 180.5 mile relay from Logan to Heber to Park City. It took us about 30 hours and was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I've already signed up a team for next year, and almost have enough people for a second team. Anyone interested?



I've been keeping busy with Young Womens also. For one of our activities we had a photography professor come and teach us a few basics about taking pictures. This was one of our experiments that night.


This summer, I've decided to try my hand a little more at sewing. This is my first skirt. I even put in a zipper! I loved the fabric and even found a sweater that matched perfectly! Currently, I'm working on new roman shades for my kitchen doors, then I've got a couple more skirts lined up. Easier than buyin' them!


This is right after my Dad was sealed to his new wife in the Bountiful Temple. (Notice the skirt!) My mother passed away about a year and a half ago from cancer. We miss her, but we were also excited to welcome my Dad's wife to the family.

5 comments:

Alona said...

Yahoo for a new post! Congrats on the skirts and I can't wait to hear how the shades turn out. I am definitely not the best seamstress in the world. Your team/running thing sounds amazing! What a cool thing to be a part of!

Heather said...

Yeah for pictures...and what a CUTE skirt!

Cassie said...

I wanna sew a skirt! Teach me!

Jennifer said...

I love the skirt! Very talented! Can't wait for posting of more of your creations. What an incrediable run. I couldn't have done it.

Valerie said...

Yay for pictures! LOVE the skirt!!