Monday, September 27, 2010

My New Favorite Toy

My husband knows me pretty well. So, in his quest for the perfect birthday gift for me (I'm just SURE he spent weeks in this endeavor), he hit a homerun! He got me a Kindle. A what?

A Kindle.

It's like an electronic book, but without the pages. You can download books onto it and read them anytime. Plus, all of the classics (AKA "the ones without copyrights") are free to download. So now I've got all of Jane Austen's books, plus books like Little Women and Oliver Twist and lots more. And the best part is that I didn't have to buy them. I wouldn't say they were free. After all, you had to buy the Kindle in the first place. But it still felt like I was getting away with something as I was downloading book after book without paying a penny. I think I even giggled.

Now I just have to make myself put it down long enough to get other things done, like feeding Emma. She's so demanding! I guess I'll have to start reading under the covers with a flashlight again.

No comments: