Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Favorite Movie Quotes

If you know me even a little bit, you've heard me quote movies. So I thought I'd give all of you a chance to learn some of my favorite quotes. I skipped a few of the more obvious ones, but if you know what movie they're from, just comment. Bonus points if you can also name the character that said it.

1. "I am a lone reed, standing strong against the winds of commerce."
2. "Do chickens have large talons?"
3. "And yet I am unmoved."
4. "There is no charge for awesomeness. Or attractiveness."
5. "Hey! No forcefields!"
6. "Ugh, he's doing his own theme music."
7. "I've played a lot of cards-obviously. Wanna see my hand?"
8. "I could have been at a BARBEQUE!" "And WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!"
9. "Thank you for saving my bride, peasants."
10 "These potatoes are so creamy..."
11. "Oh, Bruiser, honey, you just look parched!"
12. "You smell like beef and cheese." "You sit on a throne of lies."
13. "I wish I could speak whale."14. "Here I am, your own personal Greek statue."
15. "Here's your breakfast. And it's happy to see ya!"
16. "Oh, that's nothing, _________ can make it with a whole jar of spiders in her hands."
17. "Ain't nobody say, 'I don't like no parfait.'"
18. "Great! Real bullets! You're in big trouble, mister!"
19. "I wouldn't say that I am. I only know that my friends think so."
20. "This is our puppet burn hospital. It's relatively new."

6 comments:

Jill said...

shoot..tons of these sound familiar, but I don't know all of them...
#2 Nap. Dynamite
#5 The little boy in the incredibles
#6..can't remember!! But it's right there...!!
#9 The prince from Enchanted
#10 The Mom on While you were sleeping
#13 Dory
#16 One of the Von Trapp kids.
#17 Is this one Donkey from Shrek?
#18 Steve Martin in the Three Amigos
#20 Willy Wonka..or Jonny Depp as WIlly Wonka

Matt & Andrea said...

Impressive! All of your guesses are right so far. =)

Cassie said...

Ooh I want to play, and I won't even cheat and look at the comments before mine!
2 - Napoleon Dynamite - Napoleon
4 - Kung Fu Pando - Po
5 - Incredibles - Dash
6 - Emperor's New Groove - Kuzco
11- Legally Blonde - Elle Woods
12- Elf - Buddy the Elf
13- Finding Nemo - Dory
17- Shrek - Donkey

Haskell Family said...

OK...gotta try a few
2- Napoleon Dynamite
9- Prince from Enchanted
13- Dori in Finding Nemo
19- The pastor's new wife from Pride and Prejudice

ShaNae said...

2. Napolean
4. Panda on kung fu panda
5. dash on incredibles
6. Lama on Emporers new groove
7. Lenny on That thing you do
9. Prince Edward on Enchanted
11. one of the legally blondes
13. Dori
20. Willy wonka on the new Charlie and the chocolate factory

I know this is super late, but I'm new to your blog!!

gina said...

And I'm really really super late to your blog, but here it goes.

1. Meg's (Kathleen Kelly) boyfriend; You've Got Mail
2. Napoleon
4. Panda movie
9. Enchanted; prince
10. Grandma/Aunt?? While you were sleeping?
11. Elle Woods (luv her) Legally Blonde
12. Elf
13. Dori in Nemo
20. Willy Wonka

I didn't do as well as I thought I would. Oh well.